Omni Hotels & Resorts launched a new meeting planner loyalty program modeled after its Omni Select Guest program, which awards amenities and tier levels for free stays for planner activity.
The program was announced August 20, 2018 at ASAE’s Annual Meeting & Exposition in Chicago.
One interesting aspect of the new Omni Select Planner program is that business doesn’t not have to be actualized for meeting planners to receive credits, as the awards are immediately redeemable.
“The awards up front is the biggest difference,” said Cara Banasch, vice president of sales for Omni, at ASAE, of how Omni’s new program is different from its competitors. “It’s more about getting people connected to the loyalty program, and then they don’t book outside of that. Our currency is free nights.”
The credits are awarded on contracted room nights, with the benefits being credited to one master account for the meeting planner, who can also receive credits under the Omni Select Guest program.
The credits can be redeemed at any Omni location with no blackout dates, and are based on availability. There are three tier levels: Gold, Platinum and Black.
For example, for any event over $2,500 planners would earn one credit per $1,000 and one tier credit per $10,000. For $40,000 in business, the planner would receive two free nights and earn four tier credits. The credits are available for one calendar year before the account resets.
According to Omni, the details of the program are as follows:
Planners earn one award credit per $1,000 and one tier credit per $10,000 booked. Twenty award credits can be redeemed for a free night at any of Omni’s resorts and hotels across North America.
- GOLD LEVEL (0-9 Tier Credits)
- For every event booked, earn up to two free nights (40 award credits) and up to eight tier credits.
- Benefits include complimentary Wi-Fi; morning beverage service; bottled water; pressings and shoe shines; express check-in and check-out; and customized room preferences.
- PLATINUM LEVEL (10-29 Tier Credits)
- For every event booked, earn up to three free nights (60 award credits) and up to 10 tier credits.
- Benefits include Gold level perks plus double award credits during stays; room upgrades; bottled water each night; late check-outs; guaranteed availability; and locally inspired experiences and welcome amenities.
- BLACK LEVEL (30+ Tier Credits)
- For every event booked, earn up to four free nights (80 award credits) and up to 12 tier credits.
- Benefits include Gold and Platinum level perks plus double room upgrades; premium Wi-Fi; chef-inspired welcome amenity and drink of choice; early check-in and late check-out up to 6 p.m.
“We looked at our existing loyalty program, and industry programs overall, and found we had a real opportunity to recognize and thank our clients in a different way,” said Dan Surette, senior vice president of sales and marketing for Omni Hotels & Resorts.
“Beyond a strong loyalty program that gives back to our valued planners, we know that genuine hospitality and service matters,” he added. “Across the brand, we see ourselves as gracious hosts, and because of our unique ownership structure, our teams are flexible, empowered and creative.
“Our planners can truly book with confidence as we are in it together.”