Mohegan Sun and Foxwoods Resort Casino both announced June 1 reopening dates with COVID-19 safety guidelines in place.
Both properties will maintain greatly enhanced sanitary procedures similar to those recently announced by major hotel chains.
The safety guidelines at Mohegan Sun include the following:
- Guests are advised to maintain a distance of six feet or more from others as much as possible.
- Signs on the floor in places where lines may form will help ensure distancing.
- Guests are requested to limit elevator passengers to four at a time.
- Plexiglass will be added to transactional locations.
- Hand-sanitizing stations have been added throughout the property.
- Guests will be subject to temperature checks and asked to leave the property if above CDC guidelines.
- All guests and staff must where wear face masks unless eating, drinking or smoking. Masks will be provided if guests do not have one.
- Restaurant seating will be reduced and spaces between diners increased.
- Turndown service will not be offered and housekeeping will be limited on multiple-night stays.
In-house venues at Mohegan Sun that will be open include Bobby's Burger Palace; Casino of the Sky; Sachem Lounge; Sky Essential Stores; Sky Food Court; Sky Hotel; and Todd English's Tuscany. Closed venues include Line Run and charter buses; Mandara Spa; Mohegan Sun Arena; poker room; pools; Race Book; Seasons Buffet; valet parking; and Wolf Den.
A comprehensive list of safety protocols and procedures is available here: https://mohegansun.com/updates.html
[Related: Hotel Sanitation Standards]
Foxwoods to Open June 1
The other major Connecticut Native American-operated casino, Foxwoods Resort Casino, also announced it is opening June 1.
Mashantucket Pequot Tribal Council said the property will be opened in phases with safety protocols and operating procedures in place.
Guest safety protocols include the following:
- Entrances will be limited to the Grand Pequot garage, Great Cedar garage and Fox tower garage, with non-invasive temperature checks using thermal cameras.
- Guests or staff with a temperature above 100.4 degrees will be denied entry.
- All guests and staff will be required to wear face masks. Masks will be provided if guests do not have one.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be located at property entrances and exits, reception areas, hotel lobbies, casino floors restaurant entrances, meeting and convention spaces and elevator landings, among other locations.
- Guests will be requested to maintain social distancing of six to 10 feet while standing in lines, using elevators or moving around the resort. Gaming tables, slot machines and seating areas will be rearranged to ensure appropriate distancing.
Foxwoods said the valet, property shuttles, spas, gyms and pools will be temporarily suspended, and special event gatherings of five or more people must follow proper social distancing.
A comprehensive list of safety protocols and procedures is available here: https://www.foxwoods.com/siteassets/about/safety_plan.pdf.
Read next: Back-to-Business Meetings Incentives for Planners