Most recent podcasts
A Leader Worth Following: Burnout, Boundaries, and COVID-19
How can we ensure that we fill our own cup before attempting to fill another’s?
Angie Ahrens, Vice President of Program & Event Operations at Leadercast, discusses how reevaluating your core values, setting boundaries, and incorporating self-respect into your leadership approach are a few key strategies to successfully prioritizing your needs and supporting your team during times of crisis. Listen now.
Want to hear more from Courtney and her incredible guests? Find all Dare to Interrupt episodes here.
About our Guest: Angie Ahrens
Serving as the vice president of program and event operations for Leadercast, Angie oversees the content community and event production for the leadership content development platform. Prior to her current position, Angie served as the Sr. Director of Meetings & Events at Connect Meetings, a hospitality industry event company.
With a passionate drive for education, Angie has proactively obtained her CMP, certification in hospitality management, and is currently pursuing others to add to her portfolio.
In her personal time, Angie volunteers as the national vice president for alumnae at Sigma Kappa Sorority, Junior League of Atlanta, Meeting Professionals International, and the Events Industry Council as the Knowledge Committee Chairperson. Angie enjoys traveling and cooking with her husband, Tim, while being a pup mom to her two Shiba Inus, Nala and Remy.
Connect with Angie:
- Twitter: @leadercast and @AngieAhrens
- Instagram: @leadercast and @AngieAhrens
- Facebook: @leadercast
- Website: www.leadercast.com
* * *
About our host Courtney Stanley:
Courtney is a keynote speaker, writer, podcaster and career success coach with a background in experience design, community engagement and leadership development. Courtney is the host of Meetings Today’s “Dare to Interrupt,” a podcast that provides a platform for the event, hospitality and tourism industry’s most influential and successful women to share their stories of adversity and success, unfiltered.
Courtney believes that transforming past experiences into impactful conversations through raw, authentic storytelling challenges the status quo, connects people from all walks of life and results in great change for the world.
- Courtney is the youngest member to have ever been elected to Meeting Professionals International’s (MPI) International Board of Directors
- She is the recipient of Smart Meetings’ Entrepreneur Award, MeetingsNet’s Changemaker Award, the Association for Women in Events (AWE) Disruptor Award, the MPI Chairman’s Award and MPI RISE Award.
- Named Collaborate and Connect Magazine’s 40 under 40 and a Meetings Today Trendsetter.
- Recognized as one of the event industry’s most impactful change-makers.
- Serves on the Events Industry Sexual Harassment Task Force, AWE’s Board of Directors, MPI’s Women’s Advisory Board, is a Meetings Mean Business Ambassador and is the co-founder of the award-winning movement, #MeetingsToo.
How to connect with Courtney:
- Instagram: @courtneyonstage
- Twitter: @courtneyonstage
- Facebook: courtneyonstage