Most recent articles
Executive Chef Ben George’s Bourbon Espresso Glaze
Executive Chef Ben George of Savor… at INTRUST Bank Arena in Wichita shared his Bourbon Espresso Glaze recipe that he said works well on any type of beef or on top of smoked brisket. This Bourbon Espresso Glaze recipe makes 2 cups of glaze and serves 12 people.
Bourbon Espresso Glaze Ingredients:
- 1 cup bourbon.
- 1 cup maple syrup.
- 1 cup low-sodium soy sauce.
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice.
- ½ cup espresso coffee powder.
- 1 tbsp. honey.
- 4 splash Tabasco hot sauce.
- 1 tsp. black pepper.
Bourbon Espresso Glaze Directions:
- Combine all the ingredients, except the pepper, in a small sauce pan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a low simmer for about 20 minutes, reducing by half.
- With a fine mesh chinois, strain the sauce into a pan to get rid of the espresso grounds.
- Place pan on medium heat. Add the pepper and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Keep warm until ready to serve.
This glaze works well with any type of cut of beef, George said. It also works well on top of coffee-rubbed, mesquite-smoked brisket. Click here to see more recipes.
[Read This Next: Executive Chef Ben George Serves Meals to Rock Stars]