Thompson Washington D.C. is gearing up for a January debut.
The hotel will open in the capitol’s Navy Yard district and offer 225 guest rooms and over 7,000 square feet of meeting and event space, including an expansive rooftop with views of the Capitol Riverfront neighborhood, Anacostia River and Nationals Park.
All catering for the meeting and event spaces is provided by Danny Meyer’s Union Square Hospitality Group, which will also oversee all food and beverage in the hotel.
Each meeting space is also outfitted with original artwork that creates a statement and adds to the overall residential style detailing.
The hotel has spaces for both intimate and grand events including:
- Two formal meeting rooms, All’s Well and Eight Bells. Eight Bells is unique as it offers outdoor terrace space, floor to ceiling windows with natural light. All’s Well is 918 square feet and offers flexible space and Eight Bells is 840 square feet and is set with a stone top executive boardroom table.
- The Prefunction Room: a self-contained meeting space located on the second floor.
- The Nook: a multi-purpose room located on the first floor adjacent to the Lobby Bar, offering 300 square feet of space and a maximum capacity of 16 people.
- The Private Dining Room or Wine Room at Maialino Mare: two spaces perfect for more intimate meetings and celebrations.
- Anchovy Social: the hotel’s rooftop bar with a wraparound terrace and stunning views of Nationals Park. It is an ideal venue for events up to 300 people.
This information is based off a press release from Thompson Washington D.C.